Statement About Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WA211 is committed to integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) into its organization by respecting and identifying culturally relevant approaches to serving the people of Washington state. WA211 is a network of organizations dedicated to providing Washington’s communities with information and resources. The network seeks to provide diverse populations with services that meet each community’s unique needs and create avenues and systematic structures that support, value, and identify resource needs and gaps across varying communities and underserved populations.
WA211 DEI Vision Statement
Washington 2-1-1 strives to meet the ever-changing needs of all individuals and communities with compassion, empathy, and respect.
WA211 DEI Principles
- WA211 and its partners provide a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feel valued and respected.
- WA211 recognizes that socioeconomic differences have historically created barriers for people of color and other marginalized populations and that racial and ethnic disparities are outcomes of existing institutional beliefs and policies and will examine its own operations and policies to ensure equity throughout the 211 network.
- WA211 and its partners will strive for greater diversity by recruiting people of color, diverse backgrounds, and all abilities for staff and board positions.
- WA211 will identify and adjust its agreements and contracts to invest in businesses run by and for Multicultural and LGBTQ+ communities.
- WA211 will also seek to partner with and support organizations that have adopted diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices.